Essay topic: An unlucky day

I woke up with a pain in the back of my neck. I could hardly turn my head. I strained to look at the clock on the table. It showed six fifty. My goodness, I must have overslept. It looked like I would be late for school.Quickly I ran to the bathroom only to find it occupied. I waited impatiently for another five minutes before my sister appeared. I dashed into the bathroom to have a shower. My goodness, the water was freezing cold. Those who had their shower before me had used up all the hot water. So I had no choice but to have a really quick cold shower.After washing up I felt a bit better. I returned to my room to dress up for school. It seemed to take such a long time to dress up when I had to hurry. Finally I managed to and hurried downstairs to the kitchen to grab something to eat.There was nothing but cold coffee and bread crusts left. My greedy brothers and sisters had eaten everything. My mother told me it served me right for getting up late. I sighed and got out of the house. I mounted my bicycle and moved two meters before I realized that I had forgotten my school bag. I dismounted and hurried upstairs to get it. I moved another two meters after remounting the bicycle before I realized I had a flat tyre.It was so infuriating I wanted to scream. My neck hurt, I took a cold shower, had no breakfast and now the tyre had to be flat. But I calmed myself, got down and pushed the bicycle to a shop half a kilometer away.As though expecting things to turn out wrong, I was not surprised to find the shop closed. I was late for school but was too early for the shop to open. So I left the bicycle in front of the shop. They would know that it was my bicycle.I walked to the bus stand and waited. The bus came at eight. I was really late for school.When I finally arrived at school, classes were in full session. In fact the first period was over. The headmaster caught me coming late and gave me a terrific scolding, but I was in no mood to argue. I just wanted to get to class.I entered my class when the mathematics teacher was there. I received another scolding for being late. Five minutes later I received yet another for forgetting to bring my instrument box. Of all days, we were having geometry and I had no instruments. So I spent the period watching the others to do their sums.The rest of the day in school was one big mess. I could not concentrate. I sort of went through the lessons half-aware of them. When the bell finally rang to signal the end of the day I was so glad to go home.However that was not the end yet.After lunch, I wanted to take a nap, but I could not get to sleep because of the pain in my neck. So I tossed and turned which made the pain worse. Finally I gave up and went into the garden to relax.Evening came and I did not even bother to go and play games. I just wanted to have dinner and go to bed.After what seemed to be a long wait my sister told me dinner was ready, I had a quick dinner as I did not have an appetite. After dinner I rested for a while, had a shower and then went to bed. It was not even nine but I was so glad to get into bed and let sleep embrace me. It had been a hard day when nothing went right.

0 comments: