Essay topic: Honesty is the best policy.

One fine day, while I was on my way to school, I found a wallet. It was lying outside the lift.Opening the wallet, I found two hundred dollars and some coins inside. There were some pieces of paper but no identity card. I was tempted to keep the money, but I remembered what my teacher had taught us. She said, “It is wrong to take things which do not belong to us.” I scolded myself for harboring such dishonest thoughts. Then, instead of going to school, I went to report what I had found to the neighborhood police.The policeman was very kind and listened to me patiently. As I was about to finish my story, I saw my neighbor, Mr. Song, walk into the police-station. He looked surprised to see me. After much explanation, we discovered that the wallet belonged to Mr. Song. What a coincidence!My neighbor thanked me over and over again. The policeman praised me for being an honest boy. He also called up my school to inform my principal of the incident. I am glad that I had not kept the wallet. Indeed, honesty is the best policy.

0 comments: