Essay topic: My favorite subject

As a secondary student, I had to study many subjects but my friends used to advise me to concentrate more and more on Science and Mathematics. But somehow or other, English has become my favorite subject. My friends, relatives and even my parents were advising me that there is nothing new to learn in the English Language and I was wasting my time on English. Whatever the advice may be, English is still my favorite subject.Reading as a hobby itself is a great pleasure. English has a wealth of literature unsurpassed by any other language. Studying more about Shakespeare, Shaw, Keat and Hardy gives me an insight into human nature. I have come to realize how a man would react to a given set of circumstances or actions. The more I read, the more I learn in between the lines.My love for the subject has inspired me so much that I may one day write my own play. As a scholar rightly pointed out that reading enables man, makes one more tolerant to the follies of others and bridges the gap between countries and cultures, I hope that it will do so for me too.

0 comments: