Essay topic: Talk about an embarrassing moment.

I could recall an event which happened four years ago. My father gave me a hundred dollars, for the good grades I scored in my P.S.L.E.. To enjoy it, I invited some of my closest friends to a restaurant for a meal.At the restaurant, I asked my friends to order as much as they liked. The food was delicious, the service was efficient and the food was served fast. All of us began to eat. We ate, talked and laughed at the jokes we made in school.After we had finished our food, the waiter brought us the bill. I opened my purse to take out the money. To my surprise, I found my money missing. Only then I realized that I had left the money at home. I was in such a hurry that I had forgotten to put the money in my purse. I wanted to borrow the money from my friends, but none of them could help me. They had brought only enough money for bus fare. I told the waiter that I had forgotten to bring my money. The waiter was very angry and told me to see the manager. The manager was a kind gentleman. He allowed me to go home and get the money, but I had to leave my identity card with him. I immediately telephoned my sister and told her to bring the money to the restaurant. Ever since that day I have stopped patronizing the restaurant. I am afraid that some of the waiters might remember my face. It was the most embarrassing moment in my life.

0 comments: