Essay topic: A sad event

One evening, a friend of mine and I were walking leisurely in a large field, some distance away from our homes.As we walked we also talked a great deal. We were so absorbed in the subjects we were talking about that we did not notice the dark clouds which were gathering in the sky.Suddenly, it began to rain heavily. There was also much lightning. My friend and I now began to run for shelter. Within minutes, however, my friend fell to the ground after being struck by lightning. He could not move his limbs and I was frightened.Without wasting time, I stopped a taxi and rushed my friend to the nearest hospital. He remained in hospital for several weeks to recover from the shocks and burns he had received from the lightning. But he has still not recovered completely. Even today he is unable to walk steadily.This was indeed a very sad event, and I felt very sorry for my friend.

0 comments: