Essay topic: How I learned to swim

Swimming is one of the best pastimes that people have. Learning how to swim is indeed very exciting.It was my sister who taught me how to swim. Every day, for about a week, she took me to the swimming pool in the park in my town and spent about three hours teaching me how to swim.However, the first lesson that I had in swimming was very unpleasant. I sank several times and not only drank a lot of water but also let some to enter my nose. At times I felt as though I was drowning. My sister did not seem to be very helpful. I blamed her every time I had some difficulty in the water. She always responded it by laughing and irritating me more.On the next day I was not keen to go to the pool. I did not wish to learn how to swim any longer. My sister then told me that she was not trying to be cruel to me.So I followed her to the pool for the second time. That day I was able to keep my nose above the water. My sister was more helpful. She allowed me to use a rubber tube whenever I felt tired. I began to like her lessons.Finally, after about a week, I could swim without the tube. I was delighted and thanked my sister profusely.

0 comments: