Essay topic: How can I become the person I want to be?

Since my childhood I have always kept a sweet memory about my father. To me, the image of my father where he stood in front of a Frenchman, speaking French fluently many years ago made a deep impression in my mind and from that time on I have dreamt of becoming a good teacher of a foreign language like my father.How can I become the person I want to be? To attain this aim, I must be consistent and determined. Consistency and determination are vital factors leading me to my success. Therefore, I am always determined to my success and I devote all my time to my study. My knowledge is not good and sufficient enough, so I have to read more books on every aspect. No famous authors, writers or poets become well – versed in their research without any experiences from their predecessors. “Where there is a will there is a way”. After many years of hard study, I have been able to read all kinds of books without any difficulties.A good teacher, in my opinion, is just like a good actor on the stage. To reach this aim, I should acquire a good, strong and convincing voice and a lively gesture. Watch a teacher explaining a lesson in front of his students; he never stands motionless on the teaching platform. He goes up and down, using his fingers, hands and arms to express his feelings and emotions. His voice which is now sonorous and now high-soaring attracts his students’ attention. They keep as silent as graves and give their whole mind to their teacher’s lecture. But when the practice time comes, they become restless and animated. They take an active part in the practice. They ask questions and answer the ones put by their teacher. If they do not understand something they promptly ask him; and he must satisfy their inquisitiveness.Thus the teacher must be well – experienced and erudite. In this ways, if I want to become a profound and experienced teacher, I should read more good books, learn more experiences from my teachers and friends and never be tired of collecting as much knowledge as possible. “Live and learn” and “Little knowledge is a dangerous thing” are famous sayings which urge me to be more active, diligent and zealous in my study.Then being a good teacher I must have an immense love for my students and forgive them for their mistakes. I must be patient and aware of every situation of my students to encourage them and help them with their learning.With my consistency, patience, modesty and zeal for knowledge, I hope that upon graduating from university I will become a good teacher capable of guiding my students to every success in their lives.

0 comments: