Essay Topic: Give a comment about the uses of the hobby.

An activity in which we take an interest outside our regular work becomes a hobby. Some students make drawing or painting a hobby, for others collection of stamps or gardening. Shell collecting on the beach is the hobby of some children.Hobby benefits bring individuals. For example, a person who collects stamps of various countries of the world takes a special interest in the study of the subject of the stamp as well as the country where it is used. He may spend a lot of money to buy rare stamps for his album and takes a great pride in owning them. Hobby also teaches a person the value of things or activity he is interested in.As for me I have had a few hobbies at different stages in my life. My earliest hobby was stamp collecting. Then it was keeping pets. I had two pet dogs and a parrot. Presently my hobby is gardening. I plant flowers and vegetables in my house compound and water them everyday. I nurse the plants by weeding or putting manures at times. Very often I sell my flowers to florists and get a small income.It s wiser to engage oneself in any hobby than it is idle a way one’s precious time.

0 comments: