Letter Of Recommendation

Letter of Recommendation for Raj Rishi Chatterjee I should like to write a few words in support of Mr. Raj Rishi Chatterjee's application for graduate admission in your department. He is interested in pursuing his graduate work in the broad area of Computer Science. I have known Raj Rishi for two years. For two semesters, he was a student in my Computer Systems and Organization Class and laboratory course. In all the two semesters, he was one of my top students. I found him hard working and diligent to do the work assigned. More importantly, he is able to plan and organize his work efficiently. During the oral examinations, I found that he was perceptive and able to think logically. He also is enthusiastic and showed the initiative to understand and solve problems. Like most Indian students he has studied Electronics Engineering for 4 years and his fundamentals are quite sound now. Though he was admitted to Electronics and Communication discipline, he has pursued Computer Science and Engineering as an additional area of expertise. While being good in Electronics related subjects, he has shown immense interest and potential in the subjects of Computer Science. Out of his own personal interest, he has gone through the topics of Data Structures, Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming and Operating Systems, etc. He has also studied programming concepts and is proficient in Visual C++, Visual Basic, Oracle and Web Programming using Active X and Java. As a result of this, he was to develop the following innovative shareware software:- a) Multilingual Word Processor (supporting English, Hindi, Bengali, and Marathi, four major regional languages of India), b) Personal Reminder Program (an automated appointment diary) and c) 8085 Simulator. Raj Rishi has demonstrated his leadership and teamwork qualities being an active participant in the events organized by I.E.E.E. (The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and has been a key organizer for Debates, Symposiums and Programming Competitions in the institute. Although I have not had sufficient opportunity to judge his writing skill, his oral communication skills in English are very good. From what I have seen of him I think he holds promise in the field of research. I have taught several hundreds of students and in my opinion he belongs to first ten students I strongly liked to suggest to go for advanced research for the benefit of Computer Science. In short I have no reservations in recommending his admission at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Yours faithfully, mr

Words: 416

0 comments: